The naval, clinically called the umbilicus and nicknamed belly button, is something all us mammals have and probably don't really think about all that often. It's the little hollowed on your tum tum that was once your umbilical cord and it's perfectly natural, whether it's a hairy little bugger or completely smooth, an innie or an outie.
But not everyone is down with the button. The thought of touching a belly button, whether it's their own or someone else's, can actually induce vomiting. And, f you think about them too long, you might start to understand why some people don't want anything to do with that little flesh hole in your torso.
For instance, if you don't remember to wash them (things like hair, lint and skin cells get trapped in your naval), a build-up of sebum and keratin, basically the shit a zit is made out of, will form a hard stone in your belly cavern called an umbolith. That literally sounds like a monster from Greek mythology and we're noping the fuck outta here.
Not to mention, it is basically just a front butthole. Aside from actually looking similar to an anus, people with abnormally developed passageway between the intestines and the umbilicus can cause ACTUAL POOP TO LEAK FROM THE NAVAL! That's right, people: front butts exist.
The next time you're looking at a belly button, try not to think about what you'd find if you stuck your finger into it's deep fleshy contents on a humid summer day.
1. What does an umbolith look like you ask?
The answer is TERRIBLE. THEY LOOK TERRIBLE.
2. Umbilical hernias are uncomfortable to look at.
3. Pregnant woman's belly button when she coughs is like a scene from Alien.
4. Surprise present!
5. What's the matter? Cat's got your tongue?
6. Deeeeeper deeper deeper!
7. Nice piercing!
8. "Finally removed blackhead from belly button after many years."
9. Tickle tickle ;)
10. What's better than one belly button? TWO BELLY BUTTONS!
11. Stick your tongue in it.
12. This guy has 1 inch of umbilical cord left behind and it looks like Satan's Cinnabon.