You're half asleep and you feel a slight tickle on your face. You swat at it, but the tingle keeps persisting until you wake up and realize...
IT'S ONE OF SATAN'S THOUSAND LEGGED CREATURES JUST SCUTTLING RIGHT ALONG YOUR CHEEK LIKE IT PAYS RENT TO LIVE THERE OR SOMETHING.
Let's be honest guys, insects, as necessary as they may be for the planet, are horrid creatures. They have too many appendages, half of them suck your blood or bite the fuck out of you, and jesus christ most of them are wretched to look at.
Not to mention that the world holds 300 pounds of insects for every pound of human.
And if you're like, NO SOME BUGS ARE LIKE, REALLY PRETTY, remember that when you die - nay - EVEN WHEN YOU'RE STILL ALIVE - lots of those beautiful beasties don't give a second thought about feasting upon your flesh.
1. This delight is a Vietnamese centipede aka a "murderpede". It is "an active, aggressive predator that preys on any animal it can overwhelm." Yes, that includes small humans.
2. Sometimes, in places like Australia and Brazil, it just casually rains spiders.
3. Just imagine what it would feel like to accidentally grab this.
4. Fun fact, this Cereal Leaf Beetle is being parasitized - but only by one parasite. The rest of the glistening mass inside this thing is in fact POOP. So somewhere among all those turds, a parasitic wasp larva is feeding on this guy while it's still alive.
5. Do your feet feel itchy now?
6. BUG. TORNADO.
7. Anyone who's ever been bitten by a Horsefly knows that these little assholes hurt like a motherfucker.
8. Time to burn down the house.
9. This is what wearing 57 pounds of bees looks like.
10. This is why you never ever ever ever ever ever want bed bugs.
11. Just your regular ant mountain. By the way swarms of ants behave like liquid metal when objects are moved though them or they're squished.
oh wow, ant swarms can also look like poop.
12. Watching a Hercules Beetle evolve is like watching an alien grow.
From this juicy nightmare:
To this full-fledged Hellraier cenobite: