Here are some fast facts about Chrissy Teigen:
- Famous model, having been featured in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue on multiple occasions
- Famous TV person, having co-hosted Lip Sync Battle
- Famous married person, being wed to heartthrob soul singer John Legend
- Incredibly good at social media
It's those last two items that are of most interest - Teigen's skill at social media doesn't necessarily come from her perfectly timed or framed posts, but in the humor and honesty she instills in practically everything she communicates (including a gut-wrenchingly perfect takedown of Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT). It's refreshing to see someone of her stature being so brazenly open and ridiculous about the realities of her life, without trying to make everything seem insanely perfect and problem-free. And best of all, she's VERY open about her marriage with John Legend - whom she clearly loves deeply, but isn't afraid to mock nonstop.
1. She's a strong woman, and is not afraid to fight back.
2. His voice really IS beautiful, though.
I know he has a beautiful voice and I know I am "soooooo lucky" and blah blah but john's vocal warmups make me want to stab my brain-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 19, 2017
For real - just listen to "All of Me," the song Legend wrote specifically for Teigen:
3. Most regular people wouldn't be this transparent with their relationship, let alone famous model celebrities.
Basketball commentator said "One guy. Two guys. Three guys!" And I said "ugh that's my dream" and john ignored me per usual-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 24, 2016
4. He may be John Legend, but Chrissy Teigen is the REAL legend.
5. THE REALNESS IS BURNING ME.
Touring life with John is basically him resting his voice and never speaking and me saying "are you mad at me" every 45 minutes-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) May 20, 2017
6. Relentless. Genuinely incredible.
7. She's not afraid to BRUTALLY ROAST her own husband for his babyface...
For the LAST TIME, JOHN looks like a baby so A LOT OF BABIES LOOK LIKE HIM STOP SENDING ME JOHN BABIES-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 4, 2017
I am holding john pic.twitter.com/VkTIYNTzo8-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 16, 2017
9. If you were married to John Legend, you would do this at least once too.
lmao i twitter searched "john legend sucks" pic.twitter.com/5OXBqRHfnX-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) March 28, 2017
10. Gotta respect it.
And - just to be clear - these were pretty selectively chosen. She's not CONSTANTLY roasting and belittling her famous singer husband, just sometimes. Most of the time, she's being loving and supportive and kind (but still blisteringly funny).
And then sometimes she says John Legend looks like Arthur and:
John when you tell him he looks like Arthur pic.twitter.com/0NW3NDtAb1-- christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) February 21, 2017