While the Maxim 100 does a pretty decent job at ranking the most attractive modern day celebrities, our present day makes up but a small portion of human history - so who were the hottest hotties of all-time? r/AskReddit sought out to find the answer to this question, and got some pretty solid responses:
1. Franz Liszt, a dude so handsome that women would get overexcited and faint at the very sight of him - to the degree that the whole concept has a medical term, Lisztomania (and a pretty good song, too)
2. Arshad Khan, a tea seller who became a model after the internet exploded over his handsomeness.
3. Queen Fawzia Fuad of Iran
4. Cyrus the Great, who set the standard for beauty in Persia
5. President Rutherford B. Hayes
6. Shania Twain, scientifically-proven to have the perfect face.
7. China's Four Most Handsome Men and The Four Beauties of China, two groups of individuals so attractive that they basically caused animals and nature itself to go insane.
8. Joseph Stalin (a young hottie who also happened to be one of history's greatest monsters)
9. Rahab, known as one of the four most beautiful women in the world in the midrash (alongside Sarah, Abigail, and Esthe)
10. Narcissus, a dude so hot that he stared at his own reflection until he died